“Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market: Global Industry Analysis, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019 – 2025” presents an in-depth assessment of the global Irritable Bowel Syndrome market dynamics, opportunities, future roadmap, competitive landscape and discusses major trends. The report offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation and future outlook for the global Irritable Bowel Syndrome market. The report includes historical data from 2014 to 2018 and forecasts until 2025.
The global Irritable Bowel Syndrome market is valued at 2640 million US$ in 2017 and will reach 8650 million US$ by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of 16.0% during 2018-2025.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is defined as recurrent abdominal pain or discomfort that occurs in association with altered bowel habits over a period of at least 3 months. The disorder is classified into three main subtypes, according to the predominant bowel habits presented: constipation-predominant IBS (IBS-C), diarrhea-predominant IBS (IBS-D), and mixed-presentation IBS (IBS-M). IBS is among the most common gastrointestinal disorders, with an estimated pooled international IBS prevalence rate of about 11.2%.
Get Sample Copy of this Report:
Top Leading Companies of Global Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market are Allergan, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Takeda, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Sebela Pharmaceuticals, Astellas Pharmaceuticals, IM HealthScience and others.
Additionally, the report provides key trends in terms of collaboration, merger & acquisition, distribution, exclusive and licensing agreements are analyzed with details. The report also explores the detailed description of growth drivers and inhibitors of the global Irritable Bowel Syndrome market.
Global Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market Split by Product Type and Applications:
This report segments the global Irritable Bowel Syndrome market on the basis of Types are:
On the basis of Application, the Global Irritable Bowel Syndrome market is segmented into:
The Report Answers the Following Questions about the Global Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market:
- How has the global Irritable Bowel Syndrome market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key markets in the global Irritable Bowel Syndrome industry?
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors in the current market?
- How is the market predicted to develop in the future?
- Who are the key players in this market space?
Explore Full Report With Detailed TOC Here:
- The approved drugs in the IBS space target chloride channel 2, calcium channel, serotonin 5-HT3 receptor, guanylyl cyclase c receptor, opioid receptors, gram-negative bacteria, RNA polymerase, and serotonin 5-HT4 receptor. These drugs are administered via the oral route.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for IBS are in Phase II, with only one drug in the NDA/BLA phase.
- Therapies in development for IBS focus on a wide variety of targets. All of the pipeline drugs are administered via the oral route. High-impact upcoming events for drugs in the IBS space comprise topline Phase II trial results for MD-7246 and an expected PDUFA date for Tenapanor.
- The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I gastroenterology (non inflammatory bowel disease)-other asset is 21.9%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 66.7%. Drugs, on average, take 9.8 years from Phase I to approval, compared to 9.7 years in the overall gastroenterology (non inflammatory bowel disease) space.
- There have been 19 licensing and asset acquisition deals involving IBS drugs during 2014–19. The $2,905m research, development, collaboration, and license agreement signed in 2017 between Allergan and Assembly Biosciences for the worldwide rights to Assembly’s microbiome GI development programs was the largest deal.
- The distribution of clinical trials across Phase I–IV indicates that the majority of trials for IBS have been in the early and midphases of development, with 66% of trials in Phase I–II, and only 34% in Phase III–IV.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of IBS clinical trials globally. The UK leads the major EU markets, while Japan has the top spot in Asia.
- Clinical trial activity in the IBS space is dominated by completed trials. GlaxoSmithKline has the highest number of completed clinical trials for IBS, with 37 trials.
- Allergan leads industry sponsors with the highest number of clinical trials for IBS, followed by GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis.
Customization of the Report:
Market Insights Reports provides customization of the report as per your need. This report can be personalized to meet your requirements. Get in touch with our sales team, who will guarantee you to get a report that suits your necessities. Customization options are as follows:
- Analyst Briefing
- Data Tables in Excel
- Figures in PPT
- Additional Company Profiles
- Other Requirements
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc. MarketInsightsReports provides global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales) – Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | +91-750-707-8687