According to a recently published standalone trackpad industry analysis, global demand reached 7.1 million units in 2021, up 12.5% year over year. In 2021, demand for Windows Solo trackpads increased 12.5% to 5.4 million units, while demand for Mac standalone trackpads increased 12.7% to 1.2 million units.
Standalone touchpads for laptops and PCs, as accessories, account for 1.5% of all unit sales and are expected to reach 25 million units of volume demand by 2031.
Download sample copy of this report:
Highlights of Market Research
· The Windows standalone trackpad is projected to remain the most dominant position and is likely to present an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 665 million during 2021–2031.
· Sales of standalone trackpads through online platforms are expected to grow at a significant CAGR of 15.6% during the forecast period of 2021–2031.
· Based on device type, sales of Mac devices are projected to grow 4x, while other device types are projected to grow 3.5x over the forecast period.
· Brand outlets and e-retailers will account for a combined revenue share of close to 50% in 2021, with online platforms accounting for the other half of the market.
· North America and Latin America will account for close to 40% market share by value in 2031.
· East Asia is projected to grow by 180 BPS from 2021 to 2031 and become the market leader for $255 million by 2031.
“The consumer electronics industry is experiencing a trend towards connected devices enabling significant demand for standalone trackpads,” said a Fact.MR analyst.
To increase penetration in the lucrative space, the aforementioned players use a combination of new product launches, collaborations and partnerships with major consumer electronics players such as laptop, desktop and tablet manufacturers, acquisitions of emerging players, and building regional and global distribution networks. .
Some of the key developments include:
· In 2021, Logitech International introduced a combo trackpad case for Apple’s iPad Pro. This new product comes with options like a click-anywhere trackpad and connects to your iPad with a smart connector.
· In 2020, Apple Inc. launched trackpad support for iPadOS. This trackpad includes advanced features such as multi-touch gestures that allow users to quickly and smoothly navigate the entire system.
· In 2020, Cirque introduced a plug-and-play USB trackpad for Microsoft. The newly released product is an updated version of the TM105065 USB trackpad and consists of functions such as multi-finger gestures and controls.
Similarly, recent developments involving companies offering standalone trackpads have been tracked by the Fact.MR team and can be found in the full report.
- · Wacom
- · logitech
- · apologize
- · jelly comb
- · sunlight
- · leg
- · circus construction
- · Microsoft
- · Felix
- · keymaker
- · By device type
o Standalone Trackpad for Mac
o Standalone Trackpad for Windows
- · By sales channel
o brand outlet
o electronic retailer
o online platform
This report covers the following standalone trackpad insights and evaluations useful to all participants involved in standalone trackpads:
- · Data on recently introduced regulations and their impact on key industries and demand for standalone trackpads
- · The latest industry standalone trackpad providing key analysis of market drivers, trends and influencers
- · Analysis of key trends in standalone trackpads and changing consumer preferences in key industries.
- · Changes in Demand and Consumption of Standalone Trackpads for Various Products
- · A major trend in funding by major investors from multiple countries
- · New investment opportunities in a variety of technologies and types of products or services
- · Comprehensive data and competitive analysis for Standalone Trackpads key players
- · Standalone trackpad sales in the US will grow at a steady rate, driven by growing consumer confidence and a recovering economy.
- · Demand forecast for standalone trackpads in Europe remains stable as many countries, such as the UK, France and Germany, focus on stimulating growth
More Valuable Insights on Standalone Trackpads
In a new report, Fact.MR provides an unbiased market analysis of standalone trackpads, sales, standalone trackpads, and analyzes forecast statistics to 2033 and beyond. This study presents growth projections for different criteria.
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583