The market for sponge detection systems was estimated at USD 107 million in 2020 and is projected to increase at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2021 to 2031.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2566
The World Health Organisation (WHO) views the retention of surgical sponges in a patient’s body as a major medical mistake. Due to its significant complications, retained surgical sponge is the most risky of all. Due to its small size, the sponge is simple to hold back, but once it has been completely saturated with blood, it is challenging to remove from the surrounding tissue.
Although sponge detection systems can lower the occurrence rate, there are currently no proven techniques to totally decrease the danger of retained sponges. The growing requirement for control and preventive measures during surgery is the primary driver of the rising need for sponge detection systems. The market is expanding due to factors such as an increase in emergency surgery cases, a lack of awareness among surgeons, and favourable reimbursement policies.
Important insights from the market study
Radio frequency detection systems are expected to achieve more than 41% revenue share of the market by 2031 and expand at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period (2021-2031).
Sponge detection systems are commonly used in abdominal surgeries; with a forecast market share of 24.7% by the end of 2031, it will thus gain the largest share of all applications.
Among all end users, hospitals are expected to capture more than 46% of the market share as awareness of controlling the number of surgical sponges retained after surgeries has increased.
North America had a large share of the global sponge detection systems market in 2020 and a similar trend is expected to continue during the forecast period owing to the greater acceptance of advanced systems in healthcare facilities and the increase in healthcare spending in the region.
Manufacturers are actively involved in portfolio expansion and are collaborating with various companies to gain greater market share.
“Increasing technological advancements in sponge detection systems with increasing demand to reduce the risk of retained surgical sponges are expected to fuel market growth in the coming years,” says an analyst at Fact. MISTER.
Segments Covered in Sponge Detection System Market Insights
- Computer-assisted Sponge Count Devices
- Radiofrequency Sponge Detection Systems
- Radiofrequency Identification Sponge Detection Systems
- Hand-held Sponge Detection Systems
- Bench Top Sponge Detection Systems
- Product Type
- Sponge Detecting Systems
- Body Scanners
- Room Scanners
- Sponge Detection Systems for Abdominal Surgeries
- Sponge Detection Systems for General Surgeries
- Sponge Detection Systems for Gastrointestinal Surgeries
- Sponge Detection Systems for Cardiac Surgeries
- Sponge Detection Systems for Gynaecology and Obstetrics Surgeries
- Sponge Detection Systems for Orthopedic & Arthroscopy
- Sponge Detection Systems for Neurology
- End User
- Sponge Detection Systems for Hospitals
- Sponge Detection Systems for Clinics
- Sponge Detection Systems for Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions:
The regional analysis includes
North America (USA, Canada)
Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, rest of LATAM)
EU – (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), UK, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, etc.), Rest of Europe
CIS & Russia
Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN countries, other APEJ)
Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report includes the following Sponge Detection Systems market insights and assessments, which will be useful for all participants in the intradermal injections market:
• Data on recently introduced regulations and their impact on key industries and the demand for intradermal injections
• Latest industry analysis of avocado oil market with key analyses of Market Drivers, Trends and Influencing
Factors • Analysis of the key trends of the Sponge Detection Systems market and changing consumer preferences in key verticals.
• Changing demand and consumption of various products after intradermal injections
• Important trends underlining financing by key investors in numerous countries
• New investment opportunities in various types of technology and products or services
• Comprehensive data and competitive analysis of key players of Intradermal Injections
• Sales in the US Sponge Detection Systems market will continue to grow due to growing consumer confidence and economic recovery
• The demand forecast for Intradermal Injections in Europe remains stable as many countries like the UK, France and Germany focus on boosting growth
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583