Calcium Carbide market has been thoroughly scrutinized and then carefully demarcated by geographic locations which are based on major economic regions and their topographical regions. Growing competition and the changing market dynamics has been highlighted. Aggressive market players are profiled with attributes of company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio and recent developments. The Market share and Market size prominent players for 2020 to 2025 are profiled in this report.
The market for calcium carbide is expected to witness a CAGR of around 3% during the forecast period.
The Calcium Carbide market is highly competitive and consists of a number of major players: Xinjiang Zhongtai Chemical Co. Ltd, Xinjiang Tianye (Group) Co. Ltd, Ningxia Jinhaoyuan Chemical Group Co. Ltd, Inner Mongolia Baiyanhu Chemical Limited Liability Company, Denka Company Limited, Ningxia Yinglite Chemical Co. Ltd, and Xiahuayuan Xuguang Chemical Co. Ltd and Others
Click the link to get a Sample Copy of the Report:
Scope of the Report
Asia-Pacific dominated the market with China being the largest producer and consumer of calcium carbide globally.
Key Market Trends
Acetylene Gas Application to Dominate the Market
– Acetylene gas is manufactured by reacting calcium carbide with water. It is a combustible gas with a distinctive odor. The gas becomes explosive when it is liquefied, compressed, heated, or mixed with air. For this reason, special precaution is taken while handling the gas.
– One of the most extensive applications of acetylene gas is its use in the preparation of various organic chemicals. One such chemical is 1,4-butanediol, which is widely used in the synthesis of polyurethane and polyester plastics. Bulk acetylene can also be used as a raw material to produce acetaldehyde, acetic anhydrite, and acetic acid.
– Acetylene is also used for oxyacetylene cutting, wielding, and heat treating. Acetylene gas flame has the highest flame temperature among many common hydrocarbons because of the presence of triple bond structure. Combustion with oxygen results in flame temperature of 3090 C, releasing 54.8 kJ/liter (1470 BTUs/ft3 ) of energy.
– Acetylene gas is also used for flame cleaning of sheet metal surfaces. By this process rust, mill scale and other scales are removed by low-cost flame cleaning. This also results in enhancing the corrosion resistance of the surfaces. For this reason, flame-cleaned surfaces ensure excellent adhesion of paints and coatings.
– With the increasing demand for acetylene gas, the consumption of calcium carbide is projected to increase during the forecast period.
Inquire for Discount:
China to Dominate the Global Market
– China is the worlds largest producer and consumer of calcium carbide. The country is the most dominant player in the market with more than 85% of the share.
– As a result of its large reserves and growing demand for VCM (vinyl chloride monomer), VAM (vinyl acetate monomer), and BDO (butanediol) from acetylene, the consumption of calcium carbide is increasing at a yearly average rate of more than 8%.
– Moreover, the country has the largest consumption of coal. Not only has it been used for power generation, but the Chinese have been using coal for chemical production for a long time. Since the late 19th century, coal tar has been in use for the synthesis aromatics and special chemical compounds, primarily for the dye industry.
– Lately, the country has been using calcium carbide to convert coal to acetylene. This has led to the increased production of acrylonitrile (ACN), vinyl chloride monomer (VCM), 1,4-butanediol (BDO), and acrylic acid (AA).
– The conversion of CaC2 to poly vinyl chloride (PVC), represents over 80% of Chinas total PVC production. Thus, the usage of calcium carbide is expected to play an important role as a raw material to produce acetylene-based chemicals, during the forecast period.
– China is also the worlds largest exporter of calcium carbide. The country exports CaC2 to almost every neighboring countries as well as other major countries across the world, including Japan, Guinea, Cte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Sri Lanka, Djibouti, Indonesia, India, Nigeria, etc.
– Although China’s economic growth s likely to become further moderate, it is expected that the demand for calcium carbide will continue to sustain healthy rates during the forecast period.
Browse the Full report description and TOC at:
What are the market factors that are explained in the report?
–Key Strategic Developments: The study also includes the key strategic developments of the market, comprising R&D, new product launch, M&A, agreements, collaborations, partnerships, joint ventures, and regional growth of the leading competitors operating in the market on a global and regional scale.
–Key Market Features: The report evaluated key market features, including revenue, price, capacity, capacity utilization rate, gross, production, production rate, consumption, import/export, supply/demand, cost, market share, CAGR, and gross margin. In addition, the study offers a comprehensive study of the key market dynamics and their latest trends, along with pertinent market segments and sub-segments.
–Analytical Tools: Calcium Carbide Market report includes the accurately studied and assessed data of the key industry players and their scope in the market by means of a number of analytical tools. The analytical tools such as Porter’s five forces analysis, feasibility study, and investment return analysis have been used to analyzed the growth of the key players operating in the market.
The research includes historic data from 2025 to 2020 and forecasts until 2025 which makes the reports an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales and product managers, consultants, analysts, and other people looking for key industry data in readily accessible documents with clearly presented tables and graphs.
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc. MarketInsightsReports provides global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
Media Contact Us:
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales) – Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | +91-750-707-8687
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com